Code of Conduct
As a member of SAYJ Global Investors, I agree to:
- Ensure that my communications and conduct in all aspects of my dealings with SAYJ Global Investors is professional in manner.
- Respect the privacy of other members and not provide their information to third parties without permission of the member.
- Disclose to SAYJ Global Partners any relationship I have with a participating company (advisor, mentor, investor, family relationship).
- Inform SAYJ Global Partners of any investment I may make in companies participating on the SAYJ Global Investors platform and/or presenting at a SAYJ Global Investor Webinar, or otherwise introduced to me by SAYJ Global Partners.
As a member of SAYJ Global Investors, I agree not to:
- Use my contacts with SAYJ Global Investors to solicit business for myself (unless I become an approved subject-matter expert within the network).
- Make investment recommendations to other members and/or suggest a transaction without disclosing such to SAYJ Global Partners.
- Attempt to make a side deal with a company introduced to me by SAYJ Global Partners.
- Solicit other members to invest in an external deal without the knowledge of SAYJ Global Partners.
- Hold SAYJ Global Partners liable for future performance of a company in which I may invest through SAYJ Global Investors.
Terms & Conditions
- Confidential Information
SAYJ Global Partners agrees to keep information on membership applications/questionnaires strictly confidential, except that SAYJ Global Partners may present this information if legally required to prove an exemption from registration or qualification of securities under the ‘1933 Act’ or other applicable securities laws. Member privacy is protected and GDPR-compliant. A member has the opportunity to opt out of receipt of SAYJ Global Investors communication at any time.
- Investment Policy
- SAYJ Global Investors is a facilitator, providing information to potential investors on early stage companies looking for investment. These are high risk transactions and all members must be accredited/ certified in order to participate.
- SAYJ Global Partners is not affiliated with the companies presented and does not endorse or recommend any of the companies (or the securities of such companies) that may seek funding through SAYJ Global Partners/Investors.
- SAYJ Global Investors members may have an economic interest or affiliation with a presented company and it is required that they disclose this relationship.
- Any information or representations given or made by any participating company must not be relied upon as having been reviewed for accuracy or authorized by SAYJ Global Partners.
- Any investment made by a member of SAYJ Global Investors will be in his, her or its individual capacity and not on behalf of SAYJ Global Investors or Partners.
Certification of Investment Status
- I am an accredited investor as defined under Rule 501 of SEC regulations, which defines the same as “Any natural person whose individual net worth or joint net worth with the person’s spouse at the time of his/her purchase exceeds $1,000,000 exclusive of the value of the permanent residence,
OR “Any natural person who had an individual income in excess of $200,000 in each of the two most recent years or joint income with that person’s spouse in excess of $300,000 in each of those years and has a reasonable expectation of reaching the same income level in the current year,” OR
- I have such knowledge and experience in financial and business matters to be capable of evaluating the relative merits and risks of any investment.
HIGH NET WORTH INDIVIDUAL: I declare that I am a certified high net worth individual for the purposes of the Financial Services and Markets Act 2000 (Financial Promotion) Order 2001. I understand that this means:
- I can receive financial promotions that may not have been approved by a person authorised by the Financial Services Authority
- The content of such financial promotions may not conform to rules issued by the Financial Services Authority
- By agreeing to this statement I may lose significant rights
- I may have no right to complain to either of the following: (i) The Financial Services Authority; or (ii) The Financial Ombudsman Scheme
- I may have no right to seek compensation from the Financial Services Compensation Scheme.
- I am a certified high net worth individual because at least one of the following applies: (a) I had, during the financial year immediately preceding the date below, an annual income to the value of £100,000 or more; (b) I held, throughout the financial year immediately preceding the date below, net assets to the value of £250,000 or more. Net assets for these purposes do not include – (i) The property which is my primary residence or any loan secured on that residence; (ii) Any rights of mine under a qualifying contract of insurance within the meaning of the Financial Services and Markets Act 2000 (Regulated Activities) Order 2001; or (iii) Any benefits (in the form of pensions or otherwise) which are payable on the termination of my service or on my death or retirement and to which I am (or my dependents are), or may be entitled.
- I accept that I can lose my property and other assets from making investment decisions based on financial promotions.
SOPHISTICATED INVESTOR: I declare that I am a self-certified sophisticated investor for the purposes of the Financial Services and Markets Act (Financial Promotion) Order 2005. I understand that this means: a) I can receive financial promotions that may not have been approved by a person authorized by the Financial Services Authority; b) The content of such financial promotions may not conform to the rules issued by the Financial Services Authority; c) By signing this statement I may lose significant rights; d) I may have no right to complain to either of the following- a) The Financial Services Authority, or b) The Financial Ombudsman Scheme; e) I may have no right to seek compensation from the Financial Services Compensation Scheme I am a self-certified sophisticated investor because at least one of the following applies: f) I am a member of a network or syndicate of business angels and have been for at least the last six months prior to the date below; g) I have made more than one investment in an unlisted company in the two years prior to the date below; h) I am working, or have worked for at least two years prior to the date below, in a professional capacity in the private equity sector, or in the provision of finance for small and medium enterprises; i) I am currently, or have been for at least two years prior to the date below, a director of a company with an annual turnover of at least £1million. I accept that I can lose my property and other assets from making investment decisions based on financial promotions. I am aware that it is open to me to seek advice from someone who specializes in advising on investments.